Translate

24 Jun 2014

Smoked chicken and avocado open sandwich


This recipe is very simple and fresh!! Personally, I had lost my appetite for a few days because of a bad cough and cold, and I was surprised at myself for not thinking about food. Thankfully I am back and thinking about food again. What better way to start than a healthy and tasty salad sandwich to jump start my appetite?
Smoked chicken is according to me the best tasting form of chicken. It is easily available where I live and I use it in everything. If you can't find it, substitute with chicken breast but then again...all the hassle of trying to get the correct flavor balance into the breast meat can be tough as we all know how tasteless chicken breast can be if not done well!!


What you will require
  • good fresh bread
  • smoked chicken breast
  • ripe avacado
  • tomato
  • dried berries
Prep
  • Remove the chicken from the packet and place it in a pan with one cup of water and let it simmer on low heat with a lid on. Once the water dries up, repeat the process again. (If the breast meat is too thick you may have to repeat this 3 times ...no one likes raw chicken ) 

  • Wash the tomatoes and slice them thin and let them blot on a paper towel to remove excess water.
  • scoop out the flesh of the avocado and make a mash using a fork.
  • Soak the dried berries in some luke warm water to help them plump up and become sweeter. I have used dried blackberries and strawberries. (available at INA)
  • Toast your bread slightly with a small amount of butter or olive oil right before you serve!!


Assemble as shown in the picture :)




I will enjoy my sandwich with freshly made mango smoothie. Have a great day and remember to cook from your heart !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment